We recently collected a lot figs from our garden and some of them were a bit ripe so I decided to make a cake out of them. They are so tasty, it would have been a shame to dry them but a bit too mushy too enjoy them fresh.
I really love Turkish Figs, they are so tasty and sweet. One of the reasons I look forward to summer.
1 cup of Hazelnuts
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 tbs of Cinnamon
1/4 cups of self-raising Flour
5 tbs granulated Sugar
2 tbs Honey
1/4 cup Almond Milk
1. Cut a a baking sheet and put it at the bottom of the 9-inch cake/tart pan. Butter sides of it to avoid it sticking. Preheat the oven for 190 Celcius degrees.
2. Remove the skin of the figs, cut them in half and place them on to the baking sheet.
3. Put the hazelnuts in the food processor and grind them into small powder-like pieces.
4. Add hazelnuts and all the dry ingredients that are flour, sugar, cinnamon together in a bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, add the eggs, honey, olive oil and almond milk. Whisk them together. Add it to the dry ingredients, mix them until even.
6. Put the batter on to the pan.
7. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 190 Celcius degrees.